ETYM Old Eng. al be although it be, where al is our all. Related to Although.
Even though; although; notwithstanding.
Sinonimi: though | tho'
ETYM All + though; Old Eng. al thagh.
Despite the fact that; SYN. though, tho'.
Supposing that; notwithstanding; though.
1. as if
2. In or to the same degree in which — usually used as a correlative after an adjective or adverb modified by adverbial as or so
3. In the way or manner that
4. In accordance with what or the way in which
5. while, when
6. Regardless of the degree to which; though
7. For the reason that; because, since
8. That the result is
1. A word expressing contrast or opposition between two phrases.
Despite — often used after its object
ETYM Old Eng. thogh, thah, as. theáh, thaeh, thęh.
Although; notwithstanding that; if.