To cook briefly; as of vegetables; SYN. parboil.
To remove the husks from, as of ears of corn.
Sinonimi: pare down | trim
(Homonym: pair, pear).
1. To decrease gradually or bit by bit; SYN. pare down.
2. To remove the edges from; SYN. trim.
ETYM Confused with peel to strip, but from French piller to pillage. Related to Pill to rob, Pillage.
1. To remove the top layer of something, such as the rind of a fruit.
2. To strip off an outer layer of.
3. To remove by stripping.
4. To take off one's clothes.
5. To break away from a group or formation — often used with off.
1. To strip the skin off (fruit, for example); SYN. peel, pare.
2. To bruise, cut, or injure the skin or the surface of; SYN. scrape.