1. To the same degree or amount
2. Tor instance
3. When considered in a specified form or relation — usually used before a preposition or a participle
ETYM Old Eng. if, gif, AS. gif.
1. In case that; granting, allowing, or supposing that; -- introducing a condition or supposition.
ETYM Old Eng. ones, anes, an adverbial form from one, on, an, one. Related to One-, -Wards.
1. As soon as; SYN. when.
2. At a previous time; SYN. formerly, at one time.
3. On one occasion; SYN. one time, in one case.
ETYM Old Eng. when, whan, whenne, whanne, AS. hwaenne, hwanne, hwonne; akin to OS. hwan, OD. wan, Old High Germ. wanne, German wann when, wenn if, when, Goth. hwan when, and to Eng. who. Related to Who.
1. At what time; used interrogatively.
2. At what time; at, during, or after the time that; at or just after, the moment that.
3. Which time; then; -- used elliptically as a noun.