ETYM Latin acidites, from acidus: cf. French acidité. Related to Acid.
1. PH values below 7.
2. The taste experienced when something acidic is taken into the mouth; SYN. acidulousness.
1. Extreme bitterness; SYN. acridness.
2. Having an acrid smell
3. The quality of being sharply disagreeable in language or tone
1. The quality of that which is acrid.
2. Extreme bitterness
ETYM Latin acrimonia, from acer, sharp: cf. French acrimonie.
1. A quality of bodies which corrodes or destroys others; also, a harsh or biting sharpness.
2. Sharpness or severity, as of language or temper; irritating bitterness of disposition or manners.
ETYM Latin asperitas, from asper rough: cf. French aspérité.
1. Harshness of manner; SYN. sharpness.
2. Something hard to endure; SYN. grimness, hardship, rigor, rigour, severity, rigorousness.
Roughness of surface or sound.
1. A sharp bitter taste property; SYN. bite, sharpness.
2. Having a sharp bitter flavor; SYN. sharpness.
3. Having an acrid smell; SYN. acridity.