ETYM French composition, from Latin compositio. Related to Composite.
In music, the process of combining sounds creatively to yield a work; also, the work itself.
1. Something that is created by arranging several things to form a unified whole.
2. An essay (especially one written as an assignment); SYN. paper, report, theme.
3. A work of music; SYN. work, score.
4. A mixture of ingredients.
5. The spatial property resulting from the arrangement of parts in relation to each other and to the whole; SYN. composing.
Payment of costs
ETYM Cf. French liquidation.
Terminating a business operation; SYN. settlement.
In economics, the winding up of a company by converting all its assets into money to pay off its liabilities.