ETYM Cf. French déboursement.
1. The act of disbursing or paying out.
2. That which is disbursed or paid out.
ETYM French dispensation, Latin dispensatio.
1. A share that has been dispensed or distributed.
2. An exemption from some rule or obligation.
3. The act of dispensing (giving out in portions); SYN. dispensing.
Putting something (as a literary work) into publishable form; SYN. redaction.
ETYM Latin emissio: cf. French émission. Related to Emit.
1. The act of emitting; SYN. emanation.
2. The occurrence of a flow of water (as from a pipe).
3. The release of electrons from parent atoms.
ETYM Old Fren. issue, eissue, French issue, from Old Fren. issir, eissir, to go out, Latin exire.
1. An important question that is in dispute and must be settled.
2. One of a series published periodically; SYN. number.
3. Supplies (as food or clothing or ammunition) issued by the government; SYN. military issue, government issue.
4. The act of issuing printed materials; SYN. publication.
5. The provision of something by issuing it (usually in quantity); SYN. issuing, issuance.