Hate coupled with disgust; SYN. abomination, detestation, execration, loathing, odium.
ETYM Old Eng. abominacioun, -cion, French abominatio. Related to Abominate.
1. The feeling of extreme disgust and hatred; abhorrence; detestation; loathing.
2. That which is abominable; anything hateful, wicked, or shamefully vile; an object or state that excites disgust and hatred; a hateful or shameful vice; pollution.
3. A cause of pollution or wickedness. SYN. Detestation; loathing; abhorrence; disgust; aversion; loathsomeness; odiousness.
ETYM Latin detestatio: cf. French détestation.
The act of detesting; extreme hatred or dislike; abhorrence; loathing.
ETYM Cf. Old Fren. desgoust, French dégoűt. Related to Disgust.
Strong feelings of dislike.
ETYM Latin execratio, exsecratio: cf. French exécration.
An appeal to some supernatural power to inflict evil on someone or some group; SYN. condemnation, curse.
ETYM French répugnance, Latin repugnantia.
1. Intense aversion; SYN. repulsion, revulsion, horror.
2. Strong dislike, distaste, or antagonism.