ETYM Latin adaequatus, p. p. of adaequare to make equal to; ad + aequare to make equal, aequus equal. Related to Equal.
1. Enough to meet a purpose; SYN. decent, enough.
2. About average; acceptable; SYN. passable, fair to middling.
3. (Sometimes followed by 'to') Meeting the requirements especially of a task.
ETYM French ample, Latin amplus, prob. for ambiplus full on both sides, the last syllable akin to Latin plenus full. Related to Full, Double.
1. Affording an abundant supply; SYN. copious, plenteous, plentiful, rich.
2. Fairly large; SYN. sizable, sizeable.
3. More than enough in size or scope or capacity.
Occurring in such quantity, quality, or scope as to fully meet demands, needs, or expectations
ETYM Latin sufficiens, -entis, p. pr. of sufficere: cf. French suffisant. Related to Suffice.
Of a quantity that can fulfill a need or requirement but without being abundant.