ETYM French accomplissement, from accomplir.
The act of accomplishing something; SYN. achievement.
An ability that has been acquired by training
ETYM Cf. French achčvement, Eng. Hatchment.
1. The act of achieving or performing; an obtaining by exertion; successful performance; accomplishment.
2. The result of such an act; an accomplishment.
3. A great or heroic deed; something accomplished by valor, boldness, or praiseworthy exertion; a feat.
4. An escutcheon or ensign armorial; now generally applied to the funeral shield commonly called hatchment.
1. Arrival at a new stage.
2. The act of achieving an aim.
1. A dramatic or musical entertainment; or; SYN. public presentation.
2. Any recognized accomplishment
3. The act of doing something successfully; using knowledge as distinguished from merely possessing it; SYN. execution, doing, carrying out, carrying into action.
4. The act of presenting a play or a piece of music or other entertainment