1. To bring to an issue of full success; to effect; to perform; to execute fully; to fulfill
2. To equip or furnish thoroughly; hence, to complete in acquirements; to render accomplished; to polish.
3. To gain; to obtain.
To gain with effort; SYN. accomplish, attain, reach.
1. To achieve or accomplish, that is, to reach by efforts; to gain; to compass.
2. To gain or obtain possession of; to acquire.
3. To get at the knowledge of; to ascertain.
4. To reach or come to, by progression or motion; to arrive at.
5. To reach in excellence or degree; to equal. SYN. To Attain, Obtain, Procure.
6. To overtake.
7. Reach, achieve (a desired goal).
1. To learn belatedly; find out about something after it happened.
2. To reach a the point where one should be after a delay.
To make repairs or adjustments to; SYN. modernize.
(Irregular preterit, past participle: overtook, overtaken).
1.To catch up with and possibly overtake; SYN. catch, catch up with.
2. To come upon suddenly.
1. To make physical contact with, come in contact with
2. To be in contact with; SYN. adjoin, meet.
3. To cause to be in brief contact with
4. To perceive via the tactile sense.
5. To affect emotionally; SYN. stir.
6. To deal with; usually used with a form of negation
7. To comprehend
8. To temper with; SYN. disturb.