Resembling a brush; shaggy; rough.
Covered with or abounding in brush or brushwood
ETYM Latin hirsutus; prob. akin to horridus horrid. Related to Horrid.
1. Rough with hair; set with bristles; shaggy.
2. Covered with hairlike feathers, as the feet of certain birds.
Having or covered with coarse shaggy hair; hairy.
ETYM From Rag.
1. Being or dressed in clothes that are worn or torn.
2. Having an irregular outline.
3. Worn out from stress or strain.
1. Rough with long hair or wool.
2. Rough; rugged; jaggy.