Therefore (corruption of ergo, used to suggest absurd reasoning)
1. As a consequence; SYN. therefore.
2. (Sentence connectors) Because of the reason given; SYN. accordingly.
(Latin) Therefore; hence.
ETYM Old Eng. thenne, thanne, and (with the adverbal -s; see -wards) thennes, thannes (hence thens, now written thence), as. thanon, thanan, thonan; akin to Old High Germ. dannana, dannân, danân, and German von dannen, Eng. that, there. Related to That.
1. From that circumstance or source; SYN. therefrom, thereof.
2. From that place or from there; SYN. therefrom.
3. (used to introduce a logical conclusion) from that fact or reason or as a result.
(Used to introduce a logical conclusion) From that fact or reason or as a result; SYN. hence, thence, thus.