ETYM Latin cohaerens, p. pr. Related to Cohere.
1. Capable of thinking and expressing oneself in a clear and consistent manner; SYN. logical, lucid.
2. Marked by an orderly, logical, and aesthetically consistent relation of parts.
3. Sticking together; SYN. tenacious.
ETYM Latin implicitus, p. p. of implicare to entwine, entangle, attach closely: cf. French implicite. Related to Implicate.
1. Being without doubt or reserve; SYN. unquestioning.
2. Implied though not directly expressed; inherent in the nature of something; SYN. inexplicit.
Implied though not expressed; without question or doubt.
Well articulated or enunciated, and loud enough to be heard distinctly
ETYM Latin lucidus, from lux, lucis, light. Related to Light.
Having a clear mind.
ETYM Latin obvius; ob (see Ob-) + via way. Related to Voyage.
1. Easily perceived by the senses or grasped by the mind; SYN. perceptible.
2. Easily perceived or understood.
3. Obvious to the eye; SYN. visible.
1. Lacking embellishment or ornamentation; SYN. unembellished, unornamented.
2. Lacking patterns especially in color; SYN. unpatterned.
3. Not elaborate or elaborated; simple.
4. Not mixed with extraneous elements; SYN. sheer, unmingled, unmixed.
5. Free from any effort to soften to disguise; SYN. unvarnished.
6. Comprehensible to the general public; SYN. popular.