Justly; well enough, moderately; clearly
1. In a fair evenhanded manner; SYN. fair, without favoring one party, evenhandedly.
2. In conformity with the rules or laws and without fraud or cheating; SYN. fair, clean.
ETYM as. hrathor, compar. of hrathe, hraethe, quickly, immediately. Related to Rath.
1. On the contrary; SYN. instead.
2. To some (great or small) extent; SYN. kind of, kinda, sort of.
3. More correctly speaking.
4. To the contrary; instead.
5. In some degree; somewhat — often used as a mild intensive.
ETYM Old Eng. so, sa, swa, as. swâ.
(Homonym: sew, sol, sow).
1. (Intensifier) To a very great extent or degree.
2. (Usually followed by 'that') To an extent or degree as expressed.
3. In order that.
4. In such a condition or manner, especially as expressed or implied.
5. In they same way; also.
6. To a certain unspecified extent or degree.
7. To a very great extend or degree.
8. In a manner that facilitates.
9. In such a condition or manner, especially as expressed or implied.
10. In the way indicated.
11. (used to introduce a logical conclusion) from that fact or as a result.
More or less; a certain quantity or degree; a part, more or less