The act of certifying that an educational institution maintains suitable standards
ETYM Latin commendatio.
1. The act of commending; praise; favorable representation in words; recommendation.
2. That which is the ground of approbation or praise.
3. A message of affection or respect; compliments; greeting.
ETYM French passeport, orig., a permission to leave a port or to sail into it; passer to pass + port a port, harbor. Related to Pass, and Port a harbor.
1. A document issued by a country to a citizen allowing that person to travel abroad and re-enter the home country.
2. Any quality or characteristic that gains a person acceptance or admission.
Document issued by a national government authorizing the bearer to go abroad and guaranteeing the bearer the state's protection. Some countries require an intending visitor to obtain a special endorsement or visa.
ETYM Latin praesentatio a showing, representation: cf. French présentation.
1. The activity of presenting something.
2. The act of making something publicly available; presenting news or other information by broadcasting or printing it.
3. The act of presenting a proposal.
4. The act of presenting something; SYN. presentment, demonstration.
5. Formally making a person known to another or to the public; SYN. introduction, intro.
ETYM Cf. French recommandation.
1. Something (as a course of action) that is recommended.
2. Something that recommends (or expresses commendation); SYN. testimonial, good word.