Grofovija na severoistoku Engleske.
1. English breed of short-horned cattle; Also called: shorthorn.
2. A city of north central North Carolina; site of Duke University.
3. City in Kansas (USA); zip code 67438.
4. City in Oregon (USA).
5. Unincorporated community in California (USA).
6. Unincorporated community in Connecticut (USA).
7. Unincorporated community in New Hampshire (USA).
(UK county) County of NE England.
area 2,440 sq km/942 sq mi.
towns and cities Durham (administrative headquarters), Darlington, Peterlee, Newton Aycliffe.
features Pennine Hills; rivers Wear and Tees; Beamish open-air industrial museum; one of Britain’s richest coalfields (pits no longer functioning).
industries sheep and dairy produce; clothing, chemicals. There are also iron and steel processing and light engineering industries.
famous people Elizabeth Barrett Browning, Anthony Eden.(UK city) City and administrative headquarters of the county of Durham, England; Formerly a center for the coal-mining industry (the last pit closed 1993), current industries include textiles, engineering, carpets, and clothing. Founded 995, it has a Norman cathedral dating from 1093, where the remains of the theologian and historian Bede were transferred 1370; the castle was built 1072 by William I and the university was founded 1832.(US city) City in N central North Carolina, US, NW of Raleigh; seat of Durham County; Tobacco is the main industry, and other products include precision instruments, textiles, furniture, and lumber. Duke University is here.