1. A rectangular piece of stiff paper used to send messages (may have printed greetings or pictures).
2. One of a set of small pieces of stiff paper marked in various ways and used for playing games or for telling fortunes.
3. Thin cardboard, usually rectangular.
4. A card certifying the identity of the bearer; SYN. identity card.
5. A record of scores (as in golf); SYN. scorecard.
ETYM Latin congratulatio: cf. French congratulation.
Acknowledgement that someone has an occasion for celebration; SYN. felicitation.