1. Having inherent physical or mental ability or capacity; .
2. Have the skills and qualifications to do things well; SYN. capable.
3. Having a strong healthy body; SYN. able-bodied.
4. (Usually followed by 'to') Having the necessary means or skill or know-how or authority to do something
1. Brightly colored and showy; SYN. braw, gay.
2. Possessing or displaying courage; able to face and deal with danger or fear without flinching; SYN. courageous, fearless.
1. Acting or moving or capable of acting or moving quickly
2. (Of surfaces) Conducive to rapid speeds
3. (Used of timepieces) Indicating a time ahead of or later than the correct time
4. (Music) At a rapid tempo
5. Permanently dyed; SYN. colorfast.
6. Securely fixed in place; SYN. firm, immobile.
Capable; able; skilled, well advanced in an art, occupation, or branch of knowledge
ETYM Latin strenuus, strong, hard, rough, harsh.
Characterized by or performed with much energy or force.
In a proficient manner.
In a strenuous manner; strongly or vigorously.