1. To equal in meaning; have the same connotation as; symbolize
2. To have identity with
3. To constitute the same class as
4. To have a specified qualification or characterization
5. To belong to the class of
6. To have an objective existence; have reality or actuality; live
7. To have, maintain, or occupy a place, situation, or position
8. To remain unmolested, undisturbed, or uninterrupted — used only in infinitive form
9. To take place; occur; to come or go
1. To be felt or perceived in a certain way.
2. To examine by touch; SYN. finger.
3. To find by testing or cautious exploration.
4. To grope or feel in search of something.
5. To have a feeling or perception about oneself in reaction to someone's behavior or attitude.
6. To pass one's hands over the sexual organs of (slang).
7. To perceive by a physical sensation, e.g., coming from the skin or muscles; SYN. sense.
8. To produce a certain impression.
9. To seem with respect to the sensation given; of physical states, indicating as health, etc.:.
10. To undergo an emotional sensation; SYN. experience.
11. To undergo passive experience of.