ETYM Latin cursorius, from cursor. Related to Cursor.
Characterized by haste; hastily or superficially performed; slight; superficial; careless.
ETYM Latin perfunctorius, from perfunctus dispatched, p. p. of perfungi to discharge, dispatch; per (see Per) + fungi to perform.
1. Done merely to get rid of a duty; performed mechanically and as a thing of rote; done in a careless and superficial manner.
2. Hence: Mechanical; indifferent; listless; careless.
3. Related to Function.
4. Mechanical, routine, cursory.
Giving only major points; lacking completeness; SYN. unelaborated.
ETYM Latin superficialis: cf. French superficiel. Related to Superficies.
1. Being or affecting or concerned with a surface; not deep or penetrating emotionally or intellectually.
2. Of little substance or significance; SYN. trivial.
3. Relating to a surface.
Without taking pains; SYN. quickly.
Sinonimi: as a formality | pro forma
In a set manner without serious attention; SYN. as a formality, pro forma.
In a sketchy incomplete manner.
In a superficial manner.