1. Used of eyes lacking liveliness; SYN. glazed.
2. Resembling glass in smoothness and shininess and slickness
3. (Of ceramics) Having the surface made shiny and nonporous by fusing a vitreous solution to it; SYN. vitreous, vitrified.
ETYM Latin vitreous, from vitrum glass; perhaps akin to videre to see (see Vision). Related to Varnish.
1. Of or relating to or constituting the vitreous humor of the eye.
2. Relating to or resembling or derived from or containing glass.
3. Pertaining to or like glass.