1. Having inherent physical or mental ability or capacity; .
2. Have the skills and qualifications to do things well; SYN. capable.
3. Having a strong healthy body; SYN. able-bodied.
4. (Usually followed by 'to') Having the necessary means or skill or know-how or authority to do something
Sinonimi: open to | subject to
ETYM French capable, Late Lat. capabilis capacious, capable, from Latin caper to take, contain. Related to Heave.
1. ('capable' is usually followed by 'of' or 'to') Possibly accepting or permitting; SYN. open to, subject to.
2. (Followed by 'of') Having the temperament or inclination for.
3. (Usually followed by 'of') Having capacity or ability.