ETYM Latin effetus that has brought forth, exhausted; ex + fetus that has brought forth. Related to Fetus.
1. Marked by self-indulgence or triviality.
2. Incapable of efficient action; no longer productive.
3. Worn out with age; exhausted of energy.
4. No longer capable of producing young, as an animal, or fruit, as the earth.
Weak or worn-out; degenerate.
Degenerated; sterile; worn-out.
1. Completely emptied of resources or properties.
2. Drained of energy or effectiveness; completely exhausted; SYN. fagged, fatigued, played out, spent, washed-out, worn-out, worn out.
3. Drained physically.
1. Dulled by surfeit.
2. Exhausted; SYN. wearied.
No longer useful or acceptable; outmoded
1. Extremely excited; agitated
2. Elaborated to excess; overdone
Without energy or vigor; in a decadent manner