Searching for or buying goods or services
(Homonym: by, bye).
(Irregular preterit, past participle: bought).
1. To obtain by purchase; acquire by means of a financial transaction; SYN. purchase.
2. To acquire by trade or exchange.
3. To be worth or be capable of buying.
4. To accept as true.
1. To obtain by paying money or its equivalent; to buy for a price
2. To obtain by other means, such as by labor, danger, or sacrifice, etc.
1. To do one's shopping.
2. To shop around; not necessarily buying; SYN. browse.