1. To become separated by rupture; to terminate suddenly
2. To separate by breaking
3. To stop suddenly; to abandon.
1. To stop performing an action.
2. To interrupt an action.
1. To bring to a close.
2. To reach a conclusion after a discussion or deliberation; SYN. resolve.
(Irregular preterit, past participle: left).
1. To be survived by after one's death; SYN. leave behind.
2. To cause to be in a specified state.
3. To go away from a place; SYN. go forth, go away.
4. To have left or have as a remainder.
5. To leave behind.
6. To leave home, school, a position, etc.; SYN. depart.
7. To leave unchanged or unaltered.
8. To let be; leave alone or undisturbed; SYN. let.
9. To make a possibility or provide opportunity for; SYN. allow for, allow, provide for.
10. To refrain from taking; SYN. leave behind.
11. To result in; SYN. result, lead.
1. To cause to stop
2. To come to a halt, stop moving; SYN. halt.
3. To interrupt a trip; SYN. stop over.
4. To stop from happening or developing; SYN. halt, block, kibosh.