1. Aroused to action.
2. Brought to a state of great tension; SYN. wound up.
3. Feeling great sexual desire; SYN. horny, randy, ruttish, turned on.
4. Of persons; excessively affected by emotion; SYN. emotional, excited.
ETYM Old Eng. briht, AS. beorht, briht; akin to OS. berht, Old High Germ. beraht, Icel. bjartr, Goth. baírhts.
1. Abounding with sunlight; SYN. shining, shiny, sunshiny, sunny.
2. Emitting or reflecting light readily or in large amounts.
3. Made smooth and bright by or as if by rubbing; reflecting a sheen or glow; SYN. burnished, lustrous, shining, shiny.
4. Clear and sharp and ringing; SYN. brilliant.
5. Characterized by quickness and ease in learning; SYN. smart.
6. Full or promise; SYN. promising.
7. Having lots of light either natural or artificial.
8. Having striking color; SYN. brilliant, vivid.
9. Characterized by happiness or gladness.
ETYM An abbrev. of acute.
Obviously contrived to charm; SYN. precious.