Uli ist total albern. Er erzählt die ganze Zeit blöde Witze.
ETYM Latin absurdus harsh-sounding; ab + (prob) a derivative from a root svar to sound; not connected with surd: cf. French absurde. Related to Syringe.
1. Inconsistent with reason or logic or common sense; SYN. incongruous, unreasonable.
2. So devoid of wisdom or good sense as to be laughable; SYN. derisory, ludicrous, nonsensical, preposterous, ridiculous.
Devoid of good sense or judgment.
ETYM Latin ineptus; prefix. in- not + aptus apt, fit: cf. French inepte. Related to Inapt.
Revealing lack of perceptiveness or judgment or finesse; SYN. tactless.
Inappropriate; weak; silly.
ETYM Latin ludicrus, or ludicer, from ludus play, sport, from ludere to play.
ETYM Latin ridiculosus, ridiculus, from ridere to laigh. Related to Risible.
1. Fitted to excite ridicule; absurd and laughable; unworthy of serious consideration.
2. Involving or expressing ridicule.
1. Lacking seriousness; groundless lightheartedness.
2. Harmless; innocent; inoffensive.
3. Weak in intellect; destitute of ordinary strength of mind; foolish.
Vacuously or complacently and unconsciously foolish; SYN. inanely.
Without good sense or judgment; SYN. unwisely.
In a silly manner, foolishly, without sense; emptily
Foolishly, in a silly manner, stupidly; ridiculously, absurdly
With a smirk, with a foolish grin
To smile in a silly, affected, or conceited manner.