1. (Of societies) Highly developed especially in technology or industry
2. Ahead in development; complex or intricate; SYN. sophisticated.
3. Ahead of the times; SYN. forward-looking, innovative, modern.
4. At a higher level in training or knowledge or skill
5. Far along in time; SYN. ripe.
6. Farther along in physical or mental development
7. Comparatively late in a course of development
8. Situated ahead or going before
ETYM Old Eng. avancement, French avancement. Related to Advance.
1. Gradual improvement or growth or development; SYN. progress.
2. Encouragement of the progress or growth or acceptance of something
3. The act of moving forward (as toward a goal)
1. To bring forward for consideration or acceptance; SYN. throw out.
2. To cause to move forward; SYN. bring forward.
3. To develop further.
4. To move forward, also in the metaphorical sense; SYN. progress, pass on, move on, march on, go on.
5. To move forward; of clocks and watches; SYN. set ahead.
6. To pay in advance.
7. To rise in rate or price; SYN. gain.
8. Give a promotion to or assign to a higher position
9. Develop in a positive way
10. Contribute to the progress or growth of