Im Bauwesen Konstruktionselement zur Aufnahme von Lasten u. deren Übertragung auf die Auflager, z.B. Wände, Stützen.
1. A messenger who bears or presents.
2. A person who presents a note or bond for payment.
ETYM From Carry.
1. Someone whose employment involves carrying something; SYN. bearer, toter.
2. A person or firm in the business of transporting people or goods or messages; SYN. common carrier.
3. A person who has some pathogen to which they are immune but who can pass it on to others.
4. A rack attached to a vehicle; for carrying luggage or skis or the like.
5. A vehicle designed to carry something.
6. An inactive substance that is a vehicle for a radioactive tracer of the same substance and that assists in its recovery after some chemical reaction.
7. A boy who delivers newspapers; SYN. newsboy.
Sinonimi: redcap | Pullman porter
1. A person employed to carry luggage and supplies.
2. A railroad employee who assists passengers (especially on sleeping cars); SYN. redcap, Pullman porter.
A person who backs a politician or a team etc.; SYN. protagonist, champion, admirer, booster, friend.
One that wears or carries or displays something as a body covering or accessory.