1. A soldier whose weapon is a rifle.
2. Someone skilled in the use of a rifle.
1. One that shoots: as a person who fires a missile-discharging device (as a rifle or bow); the person who is shooting or whose turn it is to shoot; photographer
2. Something that is used in shooting: as a marble shot from the hand; revolver — usually used in combination
3. A shot of hard liquor (as whiskey or tequila) often diluted with something (as soda); also; a bit of food (as a raw oyster) served in a shot glass
(Astronomie) Sagittarius, fr. Arcitenens, Zeichen Ü, Sternbild des Tierkreises am südl. Himmel.
Zodiac constellation in the southern hemisphere, represented as a centaur aiming a bow and arrow at neighboring Scorpius. The Sun passes through Sagittarius from mid-Dec to mid-Jan, including the winter solstice, when it is farthest south of the equator. The constellation contains many nebulae and globular clusters, and open star clusters. Kaus Australis and Nunki are its brightest stars. The center of our Galaxy, the Milky Way, is marked by the radio source Sagittarius A. In astrology, the dates for Sagittarius are between about 22 Nov and 21 Dec (see precession).
1. A large zodiacal constellation in the southern hemisphere; between Scorpius and Capricornus.
2. The ninth sign of the zodiac; the sun is in this sign from November 22 to December 21; Also called: Sagittarius the Archer.