ETYM Old Eng. and AS. canne; akin to Dutch Kan, German Kanne, Old High Germ. channa, Swed. Kanna, Dan. kande.
1. A buoy with a round bottom and conical top; SYN. can buoy.
2. Airtight sealed metal container for food or drink or paint etc.; SYN. tin, tin can.
3. The quantity contained in a can; SYN. canful.
1. A vessel (box, can, pan, etc.) made of tinplate and used mainly in baking
2. Metal container for storing dry foods such as tea or flour
3. Airtight sealed metal container for food or drink or paint etc.