Sinonimi: flying | flight of stairs | flight of steps
ETYM AS. fliht, flyht, a flying, from fleógan to fly; cf. flyht a fleeing, from fleón to flee, German flucht a fleeing, Swed. flykt, German flug a flying, Swed. flygt, Dutch vlugt a fleeing or flying, Dan. flugt. Related to Flee, Fly.
1. An instance of traveling by air; SYN. flying.
2. A scheduled trip by plane between designated airports.
3. A formation of aircraft in flight.
4. A set of steps between one floor or landing and the next; SYN. flight of stairs, flight of steps.
5. A unit of the US air force smaller than a squadron.
6. A flock of flying birds.
7. Passing above and beyond ordinary bounds.
ETYM Old Eng. pinacle, French pinacle, Latin pinnaculum, from pinna pinnacle, feather. Related to Pin a peg.
1. A lofty peak.
2. (Architecture) A slender upright spire at the top of a buttress of tower.