ETYM French disposition, dispositio, from disponere to dispose; dis- + ponere to place. Related to Position, Dispone.
1. A natural or acquired habit or characteristic tendency in a person or thing.
2. One's usual mood; SYN. temperament.
1. A characteristic (habitual or relatively temporary) state of feeling; SYN. mood, humor, humour.
2. A disposition to exhibit uncontrolled anger; SYN. biliousness, irritability, peevishness, pettishness, snappishness, surliness.
3. The elasticity and hardness of a metal object; its ability to absorb considerable energy before cracking; SYN. toughness.