Darunter versteht man eine auf der Ringschieneninnenseite zweite zusätzliche federartig montierte Dreiviertelringschiene.
1. Something at the back serving as a stop: as a screen or fence for keeping a ball from leaving the field of play; a stop (as a pawl) that prevents a backward movement (as of a wheel)
2. A player (as the catcher) positioned behind the batter
3. A fence or screen (as behind home plate in baseball).
ETYM Latin, a cather (of animals), from caper to take.
A person who captures and holds people or animals.
1. The position on a baseball team of the player who is stationed behind home plate and who catches the balls that the pitcher throws; SYN. plate.
2. (Baseball or softball) The person who plays the position of catcher.
1. A member of the baseball team that is in the field instead of at bat.
2. A member of the cricket team that is fielding rather than batting; SYN. fieldsman.