ETYM From French attique, orig. meaning Attic. Related to Attic.
1. Informal terms for a human head; SYN. bean, noodle, noggin.
2. (Architecture) A low wall at the top of the entablature; hides the roof.
ETYM Icel. lopt air, heaven, loft, upper room; akin to as. lyft air, German luft, Dan. loft loft, Goth. luftus air. Related to Lift.
1. A large unpartitioned space over a factory or warehouse or other commercial space.
2. A raised shelter in which pigeons are kept; SYN. pigeon loft.
3. An open space at the top of a house just below roof; often used for storage; SYN. attic, garret.