Sinonimi: breaking away
1. One that breaks away; a departure from or rejection of (as a group or tradition)
2. A play (as in hockey) in which an offensive player breaks free of the defenders and rushes toward the goal; a sudden acceleration by one or more bicyclists pulling away from the pack in a race
3. An object made to shatter or collapse under pressure or impact
4. The act of breaking away or withdrawing from; SYN. breaking away.
1. To begin suddenly and sometimes violently
2. To take from stowage in preparation for usage.
1. To break a small piece off from; SYN. knap, cut off, break off.
2. To break off; of a piece from a whole; SYN. chip off, come off, break away, break off.
3. To form by chipping
4. To play a chip shot (a short approach shot), in golf.
1. To become active and spew forth lava and rocks; said of volcanoes; SYN. belch.
2. To appear or intensify suddenly; SYN. flare up, flare, break open, burst out.
3. To emerge suddenly; SYN. come out, break through, push through.
4. To start abruptly; SYN. break out.
5. To manifest skin eruptions; SYN. break out.