1. The state of being connected; SYN. link, connectedness.
2. Something that connects; SYN. connexion, connector, connecter, connective.
3. A relation between things or events (as in the case of one causing the other or sharing features with it); SYN. connexion, connectedness.
4. A supplier (especially of narcotics).
5. Shifting from one form of transportation to another; SYN. connexion.
6. A connecting shape; SYN. connexion, link.
7. (Usually plural) A person who is influential and to whom one is connected in some way (as by family or friendship).