ETYM Old Fren. cariage luggage, carriage, chariage carriage, cart, baggage, French charriage, cartage, wagoning, from Old Fren. carier, charier, French charrier, to cart. Related to Carry.
1. A machine part that carries something else.
2. A wheeled vehicle drawn by horses; SYN. equipage, rig.
3. Characteristic way of bearing one's body; SYN. bearing, posture.
ETYM Latin transportatio: cf. French transportation.
1. The act of transporting something from one location to another; SYN. transfer, transferral, conveyance.
2. The commercial enterprise of transporting goods and materials; SYN. shipping, transport.