Action de rendre un, une, qqch. qui était divisé.
The act of unifying, or the state of being unified.
ETYM French, from Latin unio oneness, union, a single large pearl, a kind of onion, from unus one. Related to One, Onion, Unit.
1. The state of being united.
2. Making or becoming a single unit; SYN. unification, uniting.
3. The occurrence of a uniting of separate parts.
4. An organization of employees formed to bargain with the employer; SYN. labor union, trade union, trades union, brotherhood.
5. A set containing all and only the members of two or more given sets; SYN. sum, join.
6. A political unit formed from previously independent people or organizations.
7. A device on a national flag emblematic of the union of two or more sovereignties (typically in the upper inner corner).
A form of pipe fitting where two extension pipes are joined at a separable coupling.
Association of workers, see trade union.
North · Union · brotherhood · conglutination · conjugation · coupling · join · jointure · labor union · marriage · mating · matrimony · pairing · sexual unio · spousal relationship · sum · trade union · trades union · unification · uniting · wedlock