1. Plaquette de couverture de toit.
3. (Familier) Ennui.
1. A small signboard outside the office of a lawyer or doctor, e.g.
2. Building material used as siding or roofing; SYN. shake.
3. Coarse beach gravel of small water-worn stones and pebbles (or a stretch of shore covered with such gravel).
Sinonimi: roofing tile
ETYM Old Eng. tile, tigel, as. tigel, tigol, from Latin tegula, from tegere to cover. Related to Thatch, Tegular.
1. A flat thin rectangular slab (as of fired clay or rubber or linoleum) used to cover surfaces of buildings.
2. A thin flat slab of fired clay used for roofing; SYN. roofing tile.