ETYM Old Eng. resonable, French raisonnable, from Latin rationabilis. Related to Reason.
1. Marked by sound judgment; SYN. sane.
2. Showing reason or sound judgment; SYN. sensible.
Reflects weight of sound argument or evidence; SYN. sound, well-grounded.
ETYM Latin sanus. Related to Sound.
Mentally healthy; free from mental disorder.
ETYM French, from Latin sensibilis, from sensus sense.
1. Acting with or showing thought and good sense; SYN. thoughtful.
2. Aware intuitively or intellectually of something sensed.
3. Readily perceived by the senses.
4. Able to feel or perceive; SYN. sensitive.