ETYM Latin appropriatus, p. p. of appropriare; ad + propriare to appropriate, from proprius one's own, proper. Related to Proper.
1. Suitable for a particular person or place or condition etc.
2. Suitable and fitting; SYN. harmonious.
3. Meant or adapted for an occasion or use; SYN. suitable, suited.
1. According with custom or propriety; SYN. comely, comme il faut, decent, decorous, seemly.
2. Displaying or setting off to best advantage.
1. Being precisely fitting and right; SYN. meet.
2. In harmony with the spirit of particular persons or occasion.