1. Reprendre. Racheter un appartement.
2. Compenser. Racheter son retard par un cadeau.
3. (Pron.) Réparer. Se racheter d'une faute.
To compensate for; to supply an equivalent for.
Sinonimi: pay off
1. To convert into cash; of commercial papers.
2. To pay off, as of loans or promissory notes; SYN. pay off.
3. To buy back; repurchase; to get or win back
4. To free from what distresses or harms: as to free from captivity by payment of ransom
5. To change for the better; reform
6. Repair, restore
7. To free from a lien by payment of an amount secured thereby
8. To atone for; expiate; to offset the bad effect of; to make worthwhile; retrieve
To buy back or again; to regain by purchase.