1. Achevé. Une période révolue.
2. Qui n'existe plus. Une mode révolue.
1. Successfully completed or brought to an end; SYN. completed, realized.
2. Well established and beyond contestation; SYN. effected, established.
3. Highly skilled; SYN. complete.
1. Finished; brought to conclusion.
2. (Football) Caught.
3. (Of a marriage) Completed by the first act of sexual intercourse after the ceremony.
ETYM Latin defunctus, p. p. of defungi to acquit one's self of, to perform, finish, depart, die; de + fungi to perform, discharge: cf. French défunt. Related to Function.
Having ceased to exist or live.