1. (Intrans.) Sentir. Un homme qui pue le vin.
2. (Intrans.) Empester. Une salle qui pue.
1. To be wet with sweat or blood, as of one's face; SYN. fume.
2. To give off smoke, fumes, warm vapour, steam, etc.
3. To smell to heaven; SYN. stink.
(Irregular preterit, past participle: smelled).
1. To emit an odor.
2. To inhale the odor of; perceive by the olfactory sense.
3. To smell bad.
(Irregular preterit, past participle: stank, stunk).
1. To emit a strong offensive odor.
2. To be offensive ; also; to be in bad repute.
3. To possess something to an offensive degree.
4. To be extremely bad or unpleasant.
5. To be extremely bad in quality or in one's performance.