1. Plaie causée par une perforation. Piqűre de guępe.
2. Injection. Piqűre d'insuline.
3. Démangeaison. Piqűre d'ortie.
4. (Au figuré) Vexation. Piqűre d'amour-propre.
ETYM Latin injectio; cf. French injection.
1. Any solution that is injected (as into the skin); SYN. injectant.
2. The act of putting a liquid into the body by means of a syringe; SYN. shot.
3. The forceful insertion of a substance under pressure.
ETYM Latin punctura, from pungere, punctum, to prick. Related to Pungent.
1. A small hole made by a sharp object.
2. The act of puncturing or perforating; SYN. puncturing.
1. A blow hard enough to cause injury
2. A solid missile discharged from a firearm; SYN. pellet.
3. An explosive charge used in blasting.
4. An informal word for any attempt or effort
5. An aggressive remark directed at a person like a missile and intended to have a telling effect; SYN. shaft, slam, dig, barb, jibe, gibe.
6. An attempt to score in a game.
7. A heavy metal ball used in the shot put
8. (Informal) A chance to do something; SYN. crack.
9. A person who shoots (as regards their ability); SYN. shooter.