1. All; completely
2. Involving all of a (specified) group or region
3. Advocating or involving the union of a (specified) group
4. Whole; general
1. Partie. Un pan de mur, un pan d'existence.
2. Face. Solide ŕ huit pans.
ETYM From Latin expansus, p. p. of expandere. Related to Expand.
A wide and open space or area as of surface or land or sky; SYN. extent.
ETYM Old Eng. pece, French pičce, Late Lat. pecia, petia, petium, probably of Celtic origin; cf. w. peth a thing, a part, portion, a little, Armor. pez, Gael. and Irish cuid part, share. Related to Petty.
1. A separate part of a whole.
2. A serving that has been cut from a larger portion; SYN. slice.
3. An instance of some kind; SYN. bit.
4. An item that is an instance of some type; or.
5. An artistic or literary composition.
6. A distance.
7. An object created by a sculptor.
Sinonimi: Earth's surface
ETYM French See Sur-, and Face, Superficial.
1. The extended two-dimensional outer boundary of a three-dimensional object.
2. The outer boundary of an object or a material layer constituting or resembling such a boundary.
3. The outermost level of the land or sea; SYN. Earth's surface.
4. A superficial aspect as opposed to the real nature of something.