A heavy usually wooden club; specifically; a police officer's club
ETYM Cf. Irish blocan a little block, Gael. plocan a mallet, W. plocyn, dim. of ploc block; or perh. connected with Eng. blow a stroke. Related to Block, Blow a stroke.
A heavy stick used as a weapon.
1. A heavy usually tapering staff especially of wood wielded as a weapon.
2. A stick or bat used to hit a ball in any of various games.
3. Something resembling a club.
1. A ceremonial staff carried as a symbol of office or authority.
2. Spice made from the dried fleshy covering of the nutmeg seed.
3. A heavy often spiked staff or club used especially in the Middle Ages for breaking armor; a club used as a weapon
4. An ornamental staff borne as a symbol of authority before a public official or a legislative body; one who carries a mace