ETYM All + one. Old Eng. al one all allone, AS. ân one, alone. Related to All, One, Lone.
1. Exclusive of anyone or anything else; SYN. only.
2. Isolated from others.
3. Lacking companions or companionship; SYN. lone, lonely, solitary.
4. Radically distinctive and without equal; SYN. unique, unequaled, unequalled, unparalleled.
1. Cut off or left behind; SYN. marooned, stranded.
2. Not close together in time; SYN. scattered, stray.
3. Under forced isolation especially for health reasons; SYN. quarantined.