ETYM Cf. Gael. faigh to get, acquire, reach, or OD. facken to catch or gripe.
1. To cheat; to swindle; to steal; to rob.
2. To make a feint; to make an evasive maneuver.
3. To manipulate fraudulently or falsify, so as to make an object appear better or other than it really is.
To make believe; SYN. sham, pretend, affect, dissemble.
1. To lay a claim to; to allege a title to; to claim.
2. To represent falsely; to present as true or real something untrue or unreal; to show hypocritically, or for the purpose.of deceiving; to simulate; to feign
3. To make believe, to engage in fictional play.